Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
To support the safe, effective and efficient use of our Production equipment by quickly addressing any Failures during production. Ensuring that all assigned Maintenance work inspections, repairs and Planned Preventative Maintenance are completed to the required standards. Assist in the improvement of reliability of the sites equipment by completing all work reports accurately and helping to prioritise any engineering work and to drive improved reliability.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of plant, wrapping machines and site services.
- Planned maintenance (PM), modifications, installations and upgrades to plant machinery and site services.
- Application and adherence to Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Involvement in Projects work as and when required.
- Upkeep and alteration of electrical or mechanical drawing as needed.
- To undertake other duties as requested
- To undertake statutory checked as directed by the management team.
- Gas system maintenance including over burner repairs and set up (if trained)
- Support & coach relevant employees in all aspects of shared maintenance
- To deal directly with suppliers on machine or plant issues.
- To improve site production processes and plant design to minimise downtime & improve safety and quality.
- Process ingredient line and cooling tower work as required.
- Installation & commissioning of electrical & mechanical machines & equipment, pneumatic, steam, gas & hot & cold water systems.
- Replacement & repairs to electrical, fluid and gaseous metering equipment.
Qualifications. Essential & Desirable
- Time Served in Electrical Engineering disciplines.
- Food safety/Hygiene qualification
- Knowledge of planned maintenance systems (Shire)
- Detailed knowledge of using & developing MS Office products, particularly Excel.
- Manufacturing background (preferably food industry)
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- To undertake self-measurement and development as appropriate.
- A wide-ranging knowledge of industrial and domestic pipefitting with particular emphasis placed on gas and steam systems.
- The ability to work as part of the team, but also individually.
- Communication with internal and external functions.
- PC Literate
- To be fully conversant and compliant with site Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
The duties described here may be adapted to meet the needs of a changing organisation and therefore is expected to evolve in line with the organisation.