Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
You will be reporting to Operations Reliability Manager. You will be responsible for delivery of step-change improvement projects aligned with Operations Reliability plan, focusing on the key operational objectives across the site. Apply CI tools and structured methodology to deliver targets set by the Operations Reliability Manager. Supporting and driving improvement plans, CI initiatives, budgets and resources to support the overall Edinburgh site improvement strategy.
- Deliver improvement projects to support the operational teams to continuously improve plant output whilst meeting the requirements of a complex, high volume production site.
- Support the delivery of financial budget aligned with the delivery of KPI’s (waste, TOS, efficiency, machine uptime, planned tonnage and accidents).
- Leverage and develop site capability on CI tools and techniques (Lean Six-sigma, Kaizen, SMED, 5S, Line-balancing, Centrelines).
- Support the maintenance and drive improvements in our bakery OEE performance management system (Redzone).
- Work in partnership with site functions, in particular Operations and Engineering to deliver line annual targets.
- Support embedding site principles as part of the Edinburgh Improvement Strategy
- Demonstrate SHE principals and cultural behaviours to support site culture
- Support and motivate the team to recognise performance and drive robust succession planning
- Training of CI activities and roll out of activities across the site.
Qualifications. Essential & Desirable.
- Lean Six-sigma black belt or relevant qualification preferred
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience/ graduate calibre or formal qualification or experience in manufacturing excellence
- Level 2 Food Safety/Hygiene qualification
- Clear understanding and application of continuous improvement tools and techniques, in particular DMAIC, SMED, 5S, Centre Lining, SIC, Kaizen and Line Balancing
- Experience working with production OEE software systems focused on maintenance and assets control
- Experience of working in an unionised environment desirable
- Experience in analysing and presenting reports
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an FMCG environment
- Can demonstrate an ability to think strategically
- Ability to motivate and mentor teams
- Excellent Influencing and facilitating skills
- Financial awareness
- Sound working knowledge or qualification in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- A practical and proactive approach to work – ‘can-do’
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.