Hybrid Working based in St Albans
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
The Marketing controller will achieve defined targets related to Profit & Loss, market share and competitive position for the assigned category. You will work in close collaboration with the strategy and innovation team in the definition of positioning and detailed strategies for the assigned category ..
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Provide the marketing director with information for the definition process of brand targets, sales mix, net sales , gross margin , and marketing collaboration for the assigned category range.
- Manage the process within the business cross functionally for a defined brand portfolio for the assigned category
- Challenge and support the team to deliver great long term strategies, to enhance portfolio success.
- Recommends then implements the advertising strategies approved by the marketing director.
- Work with sales, category, and supply chain to deliver a robust sales forecast.
- Lead relationships to help form long term strategic business partners (external), which creates excellence in brands’ positioning , communications and other activities
- Maintain and develop the corporate image and reputation of the company and protect and develop the company’s brands.
- Deliver mid – term & 1 year profit growth targets for defined brand portfolio.
- Is accountable for managing people assigned, ensuring a management system based on Group Values , motivation , competence development and empowerment.
- Lead Brand portfolio resource allocation
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Ability to articulate the brand in an appropriate strategic manner.
- Understanding of the UK Market; the company culture and organisation
- Solid marketing experience
- Ability to create and embrace change.
- Influencing & Interpersonal skills
- Project and team management
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Leadership Skills
- Analytical thinking
- Degree educated with 8-15 years’ experience.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.