Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Effectively and efficiently deliver new products and change management of product and pack change initiatives and projects in order to deliver Category plans and targets.
Managing allocated projects and programme through cross functional teams across sites. Leading the delivery of the programme through revised and consistent ways of working as part of the project management function and best practice resulting in the excellent execution of Retailer own brand, Co manufacturing projects, product and pack changes.
Leading and inspiring the delivery of plans through people and cross-functional teams.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Inspire and lead your team including resource allocation
- Ensure the team deliver against and champion the revised ways of workings.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of programmes and projects within your area.
- Management of programme / project reporting and communication across the business.
- Responsible for prioritisation, resourcing, resolution / escalation of issues for projects allocated to their teams.
- Providing progress reviews, early identification of problems and solutions.
- Provide direction and support to the team.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver against key product and pack change projects of high complexity
- Disciplined project management approach to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of resource allocation.
- Plan and schedule programme and project timelines, tracking of project deliverables and quality assurance to agreed action standards.
- Ensure flow of communications to key stakeholders.
- Lead key process improvement projects
- Champion Stage Gate process
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Project Management qualification desirable.
- Relevant project management experience ideally gained within an FMCG manufacturing business.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex, cross functional, key business projects or initiatives.
- Proven track record of managing team of Project Managers – their workloads, unblocking issues and their personal development
- MS Project desirable.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.