Hybrid Working based in St Albans
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Talent Manager is an individual contributor role and is part of the wider Talent and Learning Team of 12 people. On a daily basis the Talent Manager will collaborate and interact with the Talent Acquisition Manager, Learning Manager, HRBPs and the centre of expertise teams to plan and execute their responsibilities. As the key accountability for the Talent Manager is to build and manage career pathways in the organisation and facilitate career progression for all employees, on a regular basis they will interact with line managers as well as external partners in the field i.e. Universities, professional bodies and apprenticeships. Expertise in Talent Management and successful stakeholder management in a multi-site business are key to this role. Being able to manage complexity and build and maintain strong relationships are the top skills needed in this role.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Stakeholder management: Line managers, white and blue collar employees, HRBPs at different sites, HR Centre of Expertise, universities and relevant colleagues in the Ferrero eco-system
- Support shaping and communicating the FBC UK Talent Statement and Talent Strategy
- Design and manage FBC UK competency framework
- Design and manage different career routes: Early careers (graduates and placements, internships, apprenticeships, return to work programme and all FBC UK functions
- Design and manage succession planning for all functions: Identify skill gaps for different levels in line with the FBC UK competency framework and build development plans in collaboration with the Line Manager and Learning Manager and HRBPs. Identify Talent Management principles and processes and guide HRBPs and Line Managers to use them in line with the Talent Strategy. Create tools to support these processes and guide all relevant stakeholders to use them purposefully.
- Facilitate performance management best practice for successful implementation across the business in collaboration with the Learning Manager i.e. How to use the system most effectively, setting quality and SMART objectives, definition of business and people objectives and etc.
- Embed DEI principles into the talent processes - Collaborate with all relevant functions to deliver a best in class employee experience
- Travel to FBC UK sites as required by the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the conception and implementation.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Forward thinking, spots opportunities and makes suggestions for improvement
Passionate about creating career opportunities for people from all backgrounds
- Builds and maintains strong stakeholder relationships at all levels, in different sites across the UK
- Consciously creates collaboration opportunities with other functions to add value to the business
- A DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) ambassador at heart
- Can challenge biases and foster a non-judgemental work environment
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in international work environments and working with people from different cultures
- Has a commercial mindset
- Self-starter, takes initiative, accountable and takes ownership of their area
- Influencing & Interpersonal skills
- Digital savvy and proven experience in data analytics
- Manages complexity
- Degree educated with 8-15 years’ experience.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Experience of M&A desirable
- Coaching qualification desirable
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.