Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
- Supervising and mentoring skilled production workers
- Operating high speed wrapping machines and checkweighers.
- Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation.
- Overseeing the maintenance of hygiene and housekeeping standards and ‘clean as you go’ procedures.
- Overseeing the maintenance of quality standards procedures.
- Overseeing the maintenance of Health and Safety standards
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new skills
- Applicants need to be numerate/ literate/ flexible/ self-motivated/ good problem-solving abilities/ ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Basic awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements (training and certifications will be provided as part of the role)
Shift: Rotational Shift Pattern - Mon to Thurs (5.45- 13.45, 13.45 – 21.45, 21.45 – 5.45 ) / Friday (5.45 – 12.45, 12.45 – 19.45, 19.45 – 2.45)
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.