HR Director - Commercial and Central Functions
Hybrid Working based in St Albans
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Working closely with the assigned partners in the organization (Mktg, Sales, Trade Marketing, R&D, RB&P, Finance, IT, Procurement, Legal & Corporate Affairs, Transformation Office), the role has the responsibility of the implementation of the HR processes to support the achievement of the business strategy. The role acts as the main HR focal point for the partner functions in the organization by working with HR specialist functions for its own processes and ensuring the overall governance. The role is accountable for the management of workforce planning activities throughout each phase of the HR planning cycle. The role ensures the proper execution of all the activities related to hiring, management, development, and training of resources, according to department needs and to HR&OI guidelines and ensures all organizational activities that provide support to the development of to the structure, according to guidelines and budget. The role is accountable for the execution of the employee relations processes and advise/supports the management as necessary.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Support the definition and implementation of the HR strategy for the Business Functions (Commercial & Central Functions)
- Establish credibility and develop robust relationships with the Business Functions to influence, challenge and support business/ people strategy and operations.
- Ensures HR processes activation in accordance with the HR governance, enabling and supporting the specialist functions on the implementation of the people processes.
- Contributes to the safeguard of organizational design and central HR guidelines, ensuring implementation of FBC UK directions, policies and procedures
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the conception and implementation
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Proven experience in a business partner role in FMCG
- Previous experience in working with a global, fast moving, commercially focused organization
- Previous experience within a business that operates a matrix model structure
- Ability to influence and lead change management.
- Ability to work strategically and operationally.
- Experience working on initiatives to improve engagement and retain top talent.
- Influencing & Interpersonal skills
- Project and team management
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Leadership Skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinker
- Data Driven
- Degree educated with 8-15 years’ experience.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Experience of M&A
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.