Head of Internal Communications & Engagement
Hybrid Working based in St Albans
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Communicate and align FBC UK employees on the company strategy supporting the change management during the integration process. Accountable for developing and delivering a clear and engaging business communications strategy; utilising all relevant communication channels that consider the diverse audiences across the business. Provide clear and speedy business information, tools, communications support / advice, and inspiration to the personnel. Able to work collaboratively and cross functionally with internal and external suppliers, whilst being demanding of self and others, by being creative in both approach and through content generations and having a high level of attention to detail and the ability to simultaneously manage several different tasks on a short- and medium-term basis. Proven record of crafting HR and business wide communication strategies and to understand the different levels of customer interaction necessary to service a diverse HR and business audience.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Define the global internal communication strategy.
- Implement the communication plan, manage various communication channels.
- Contribute to the deployment and protection of the FBC UK culture and values.
- Supports development of corporate content to enable achieving of business goals.
- Manages relationship with local agencies to deploy communication tools (e.g., videos, brochures, posters, roll ups).
- Supports crisis management activities.
- Increases the use of digital workplace and the related tools to develop a real single Point of Access to contents, documents, and applications.
- Engagement survey management
- Promote the compliance culture in the business
- Internal events management
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the conception and implementation.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Previous experience in working with a global, fast moving and a matrix model
- Previous experience in working with a sizeable network of industrial sites
- Strong communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills
- Highly developed analytical capability with experience of complex, multi-tier, matrix organisations
- A DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) ambassador at heart
- Digitally Savvy and data driven (ideally experienced in usage of HR systems such as SuccessFactors)
- Influencing & Interpersonal skills
- Project and team management
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Leadership Skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinker
- Data Driven
- Degree educated with 8-15 years’ experience.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Experience of M&A
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.