Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
- Compile and issues Production schedules for Factory
- Maintain and update information in SAP
- Monitor production on a daily basis and update scheduling systems - WIP stocks / inter site WIP transfers / progress management of orders
- Plan Work In Progress for the site
- Compile and issue Labour Recovery / Agency Attendance / Packaging Stock Reports
- Manage TXT scheduling system
- Ensure all materials (ingredients and packaging) are ordered in line with factory requirements
- Maintain Purchase Orders in line with changing circumstances, and resolve quantity-related invoice queries
- Compile daily delivery schedule for Warehouse teams
- Issue Vendor Schedules to communicate future requirements to suppliers
- Keep Filing and admin up to date and audit ready
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- Issue production schedules for Factory
- Issue reports to support Production team decision making
- Keep production orders in SAP system up to date
- Order materials in line with Factory requirements
- Communicate future material requirements to suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers to deal with any issues arising
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer literate (SAP, Excel, Outlook)
- Collaboration - working with other members of team, dealing with shop floor teams and suppliers
- Competent in verbal and written communication
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.