Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
What does your typical day look like?
Control the efficient running of allocated production lines and be able to ensure that the customer’s orders are produced safely, to the correct specification, in a timely and effective manner and in line with budget.
As a Shift Operations Manager you would be responsible for the Shift/Line Lean Manufacturing strategy including owning the implementation roadmap, and delivering team actions on time and operate as part of the Factory and Area Management team to achieve KPI targets for area of responsibility.
You will need previous experience in a management or supervisory role and FMCG experience (ideally in Food Manufacturing) and proven experience in driving through continuous improvement activities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coaching of the team for implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques including Kaizen, 5S, Quick C/O and Autonomous Maintenance.
- Identify, lead and drive agreed change programmes as determined through performance data reviews
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to others in working to those values and take the necessary formal action when individuals fail to comply.
- Cost variance, efficiency, waste, TOS, CPM, safety rating, hygiene rating, PQE.
- Experience using computers and associated software including Microsoft word, excel
- Good standard of education (numeracy and literacy) either GCSE English & Maths (Grade A-C)/equivalent qualifications/equivalent experience
- Lean based qualification desirable or be prepared to undertake training
- ILM Level 4 or be prepared to undertake training