Who are we ?
We are FBC, Fox's Burton's Companies! ……-And we bake the UK's most incredible biscuits (we might be slightly biased, but we will leave that for you to judge).
FBC was a match made in heaven, with two of the top UK biscuits manufacturers (Burton's Biscuits and Fox's Biscuits) coming together to create one unique, integrated company.
We are home to famous iconic brands, including Maryland, Fox's, Jammie Dodger & Rocky, to name just a few. We bake our incredible biscuits at eight bakeries across the UK, located at Ilse of Arran, Livingston, Blackpool, Llantarnam, Edinburgh, Kirkham, Batley & Dorset. We also have offices for our supporting services in St Albans, Liverpool and Moreton. Together, we employ circa 5,000 amazing employees across all our locations.
We are currently the second biscuit manufacturer in the UK market with a strong ambition of becoming the number two biscuit manufacturer worldwide.
We are proud to be part of the Ferrero enlarged family: such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 countries, with products sold in over 170 countries, represented by almost 38.000 employees worldwide, and a consolidated turnover of €12.7 billion (2020-21).
Along with our fantastic brand portfolio, we also have long-term agreements to manufacture several sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City, Marmite, Jacobs, and LU branded products. In addition, we are proud to be a strategic partner for many retailer-branded products.
Our employees make our business special. With strong family values, we believe FBC is a more prosperous and fun place to work with when people feel free to be themselves. We believe in the power of being authentic, entrepreneurial and supporting each whilst meeting our business goals.
And don't forget… work hard but play harder!
Shift Patterns - Monday - Friday Alternative shifts 07:00 to 14:30 and 14:30 to 22.00
What does your typical day look like?
- To lead shift operations for the value stream, ensuring the manufacturing team are able to deliver planned tonnage, operating above agreed efficiencies, below agreed waste levels and above budgeted variances.
- To improve factory profitability and conversion cost per tonne, by leading cost saving projects, driving improved ways of working and optimising NPD
- To coach and challenge team, developing their knowledge, skills and attitude
- To be a role model and take shift ownership of food safety, QA and safe working practices for the value stream
- To develop value stream strategy, alongside Value Stream Manager (VSM)
- Line management of Line Leaders and / or team of operators
- Deputising for VSM, providing holiday cover for other VSLs (i.e. occasionally may need to take responsibility for more than one value stream) and leading the site during weekends (on rota basis)
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Significant biscuit making expertise; experience in other baking areas would be considered provided that skills are transferable
- A-level or equivalent qualified or equivalent knowledge acquired through hands-on experience
- Excellent people management, communication and coaching skills, including experience of disciplinaries, grievances etc. and knowledge of employment legislation (e.g. Working Time Directive)
- Health & Safety and Food Safety qualification and HACCP / GMP knowledge
- Highly computer literate (SAP, SCADA, Excel, Promtek or equivalent recipe control system)
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, 5S)
- Logical and analytical approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of working with complex automated manufacturing systems (engineering knowledge / experience would be beneficial)
- Ability to factor in other business drivers (e.g. safety, profitability)
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.