Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical day look like?
Operate one or more of the existing sales channels (modern, traditional, impulse, grocery, etc.), by offering the available portfolio of products in order to achieve the defined financial targets for the respective channel, as specified on the business plan. Manage a sales team composed of merchandisers and 3rd Parties in order to create and develop key customers and / or partners (distributors, brokers, etc.) relationships.
You will need to be able to travel to our Head Office in St Albans, Hertfordshire twice a week.
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Ensures the proper budget management according to business objectives.
- Proposes to the Field team the sales volume according to budgeted objectives.
- Accountable for the compliance with the spending guidelines, monitoring its performance.
- Accountable for the achievement of sales objectives for the respective sales channel clients or partners.
- Defines the commercial priorities, according to Trade Marketing plans (pricing, promotional campaigns, display implementations, etc.)
- Sets target of growth for key clients and monitors clients performance, highlighting the main gaps and causes.
- Defines client plan guidelines (sales target by area, profit, timing, pricing, promotion, events)
- Designs and implements solutions to specific performance issues (new initiatives, additional events, discounts, stock and service level changes)
- Participates in commercial initiatives driven by the respective sales channel clients or partners
- Agrees with Sales Manager the objectives, conditions and the action plan for the respective sales channel clients or partners.
- Identifies and proposes opportunities for business development for the respective sales channel clients or partners.
- Manages the proper application of retail prices and sales conditions of the assigned clients or partners.
- Participates in the forecasting process in order to guarantee the fulfilment of Company objectives in terms of dispatching priority, transportation planning and freshness management.
- Guarantees the proper credit management according to controlling guidelines, liaising with Finance Function to solve possible issues
- Supervises the negotiations with large clients or national key accounts as well as the (first level) contract closing.
- Ensures the proper negotiation management and participates directly in key situations (contract signing, conflicts management, etc.)
- Guarantees the compliance with the commercial policies for the respective sales channel clients or partners.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.