Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical day look like?
Control the efficient running of allocated production lines and be able to ensure that the customer’s orders are produced safely, to the correct specification, in a timely and effective manner and in line with budget.
As a Shift Operations Manager you would be responsible for the Shift/Line Lean Manufacturing strategy including owning the implementation roadmap, and delivering team actions on time and operate as part of the Factory and Area Management team to achieve KPI targets for area of responsibility.
You will need previous experience in a management or supervisory role and FMCG experience (ideally in Food Manufacturing) and proven experience in driving through continuous improvement activities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coaching of the team for implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques including Kaizen, 5S, Quick C/O and Autonomous Maintenance.
- Identify, lead and drive agreed change programmes as determined through performance data reviews
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to others in working to those values and take the necessary formal action when individuals fail to comply.
- Cost variance, efficiency, waste, TOS, CPM, safety rating, hygiene rating, PQE.
- Experience using computers and associated software including Microsoft word, excel
- Good standard of education (numeracy and literacy) either GCSE English & Maths (Grade A-C)/equivalent qualifications/equivalent experience
- Lean based qualification desirable or be prepared to undertake training
- ILM Level 4 or be prepared to undertake training