14 Month Fixed Term Contract - Hybrid Working based in Batley
Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical day look like?
The Procurement Finance Manager business partners the procurement team to provide insight and control to the procurement function to ensure optimal business decisions are taken.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- To manage the month end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial results each month with and gain an understanding of the key drivers of financial performance.
- Forecasting commodity and packaging spend and understanding variances from forecast on a monthly basis.
- Business partnering the procurement team to understand actual performance and forecasts.
- Full responsibility for the financial close for BV, supplier development etc.
- Forecasting product costings for branded and non-branded products.
- Operation of open book pricing models with Co-manufacturing partners and key retailers.
- Tracking procurement overheads / variances and forecasting
- Provide ongoing support for ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Ensure strong financial compliance
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Must have an experience working in a complex procurement function with an ability to accurately forecast and control expenditure
- Experience at business partnering senior management roles
- 100% adherence to period-end deadline.
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced, FMCG environment.
- Understanding of complex ERP systems (preferably SAP) and reporting systems (preferably Cognos TM1)
- Demonstrate ability to identify and solve problems both individually and as a member of a team.
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt well to change.
- Possess a positive attitude and an outgoing personality.
- Resilient and able to display initiative
- Numerate and analytical.
- Degree educated ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualified or equivalent experience
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.