Machine Operators - Nights
Rate of Pay: £13.00ph
Contract: Permanent - Full-Time
Shift 22:00 - 06:00
Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savory snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical day look like?
To carry out all operational duties relating to assigned production area and to ensure quality of outgoing product.
Support the development of a continuous improvement culture which will encourage growth and change within the factory.
- Operate mechanical packing machinery on a rotation system
- Flow Wraps
- Case Erectors
- Carton Erectors
- Clean and check all machinery
- Checking codes and completion of daily production documentation
- Use the Autonomous maintenance work system
- Organisation of changeovers
- Establish with the team a Continuous Improvement Environment i.e., setting up and writing SOP’s, work place organisation
- Within the team environment track the root causes of problems which may occur in the workplace
- Recording the line information on record sheets to reflect line performance
- Understand KPI’s and run line to meet targets
- Quality – meet PQE quality standards
- Output – meet production targets
- Waste – meet standards
- Support the development of a culture which will encourage growth and change within the factory
- Adhere to basic PPE and Plant Safety Standards
- Participate in any Safety, Health and Environment related courses as required
- Responsible for own and safety of others
- Comply with all safety regulations and instruction
- Must be prepared to gain food hygiene level 2 qualification which will be delivered in-house
- Ensure compliance of Food Safety Standards
- A basic level of literacy and numeracy is essential
- Food Hygiene - Level 2 (or willingness to gain)
- Experience of operating wrapping/bagging machines desirable
- Should possess good fault-finding skills and have the ability to work with the minimum amount of supervision
- Applicants need to be flexible/self-motivated/good problem-solving abilities/ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative
- Communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record
- Awareness of health and safety and food safety/hygiene requirements
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.