Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical day look like?
Reporting to the Site Lead, this is a key role within the FBC-UK Planning & Materials team.
Finished Goods service level is paramount and this is a pivotal role within the Supply Chain function by ensuring that there are always sufficient FG stock available to meet production plans to achieve this service level, whilst simultaneously balancing the needs of our warehousing in not over stocking therefore reducing obsolescence and excess storage costs.
Adherence to Business Change Management process is expected at all times,
Sitting within the Site Planning function this role provides an overview of all Business supply, demand and NPD and there will be considerable and frequent interaction with suppliers, project managers, marketing, site operations and more.
- Customer Service level target of 98.6%.
- Ownership of internal planning tool BPPS (Excel)
- Cross functional working between Customer Service, Demand Planner’s and other internal functions along with direct Customer Communication as and when required.
- Holding correct Finished Goods stocks.
- Reacting to short notice plan amendments and Communicates changes effectively
- Implementation of all PCP.
- Knowledge of MRP and SAP systems would be highly advantageous
- Experience of working directly with customers would be desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical thinker
- Able to work swiftly under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to drive for results across a wider team
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
The duties described here may be adapted to meet the needs of a changing organisation and therefore is expected to evolve in line with the organisation.