Do YOU like biscuits? Of course, you do! Who doesn’t? Burton’s are expanding, and we want YOU to be a part of the team.
In our Edinburgh Bakery, home of the infamous Jammie Dodger, you’ll find our biscuit experts hard at work and we're looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our fantastically dedicated and friendly team on a Permanent Contract. Here at Burton’s Biscuit Company we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
Working as part of the Engineering Team you will support the site engineering requirements, incorporating 12 plants and all associated equipment. You will be responsible for the maintenance and repair on a diverse range of plant and equipment and will be expected to contribute effectively to all planned preventive maintenance across the factory. You will be a time served and qualified Electrical / multi-skilled engineer and will have had previous experience in a FMCG environment.
Salary: Competitive salary + 25% shift allowance.
Contract: Permanent, Weekly Paid
Benefits: 25 Holidays Per Year and closed on Bank Holidays including Christmas & New Year. Access to Employee Benefit Scheme for Retailer Discounts and Cashback, Health & Wellbeing.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 40 Hours per week. Monday - Friday
Shift: Weekly Rotation. Dayshift 6am-2pm, Afternoon 2pm-10pm, Nightshift 10pm-6am
Location: Sighthill Industrial Estate, Edinburgh
What does your typical day look like?
- You will support the needs of the business by performing both reactive and preventative maintenance across the factory.
- Improve Machine Standards by carrying out PPM to high standards.
- You will be proactive in development of effective working practices in line with continuous improvement.
- Assist and complete changeovers as required/dictated by the production schedule.
- Accurate completion of all relevant documentation.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and health and safety.
- Maintenance on a range of equipment and facilities.
- Educated to HNC standard (or equivalent) or higher in Electrical Engineering is essential
- Time served apprentice with Electrical experience (NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
- Familiarity with PLC control systems and industrial networks essential
- Experience in a fast moving/high volume manufacturing environment essential
- Post apprenticeship, preferably in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment (food environment preferable)
- A proven practitioner of preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Must have a proven ability in diagnostic fault finding under pressure of production
- Familiarity with the use of PC equipment is essential
- Proven experience of working with Variable speed drives (Preferably Control techniques and Allen Bradley Powerflex)
Final Part of the Mix: Applicants must be over the 18 years of age.
Who Are We?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Burton’s Biscuits are owned by a Private Equity Owned business Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP or Teachers for short) and form part of their c.$200 B Net Assets portfolio. Working in partnership with Teachers, has allowed Burtons Biscuits to become a forward thinking and progressive business.
In order to ensure we can continue to make fantastic biscuits, and to help us on this amazing journey, we are proud to announce that in 2019 we completed the acquisition of a premium sweet and savoury biscuit manufacturer Thomas Fudge’s, also in 2019 we acquired Scottish bakers Paterson Arran. This increases our baking capabilities across a number of new sweet and savoury categories.
As a result, we now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.
APPLY NOW and let us contact you to discuss your future with the Burtons family.
Application process: Online application with CV followed by MS Team Video Interview and Bakery Tour.
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.