Hygiene Supervisor - Days
Rate of Pay: £11.53ph
Contract: Permanent - Full-Time
Friday and Monday 06:00 - 14:00
Saturday and Sunday 06:00 - 18:00
Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savory snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supervising of the cleaning team ensuring that hygiene team members are working efficiently, and safely following company procedures.
- Ensuring that cleaning plans are followed and updated as per production changes.
- Ensuring that teams complete all hygiene related documentation.
- Working / cleaning at height, this consists of cleaning overhead transfer conveyor systems, beams, pipes, ledges, fans, & dust extraction systems.
- The Cleaning of Production lines which involves the strip down and in-depth cleaning of machines and equipment online.
- Working with chemicals.
- Working in a safe manner ensuring all company health and safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensuring that Site Hygiene Manager is updated with all relevant information.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Experience and other Qualities required:
- Good interpersonal / verbal /written and IT communication skills.
- Self-reliant – Ability to work both as an individual and a team member.
- Demonstrate high standards of hygiene.
- Basic food hygiene training preferred but not essential as training will be provided
- Chemical training preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
- Working at height experience preferred but not essential as training can be provided.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive and other duties commensurate with the post will be directed by the Hygiene Manager.