Burton's Biscuits are the home of some of the UK’s most iconic biscuit brands, including Maryland Cookies, Jammie Dodgers, Wagon Wheels, Thomas Fudges & Paterson Arran Shortbread. Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture sweet & savoury snacks under brands from Mars Confectionery, Cathedral City & Marmite, we are also a key player in manufacturing Retailer Own Brand biscuits.
In our Livingston Bakery, home of the infamous Jammie Dodger, you’ll find our Smart Cookies hard at work. Due to our exceptional company growth we are expanding, and if you are interested in Machinery and have experience in a fast paced environment, as well as able to problem solve then we want you to join our Operations team as a Warehouse Operative on a Permanent Contract.
Contract: Permanent, 37.5hrs Weekly Paid
Hours: Full Time 40 Hours. Monday-Friday Shift pattern,
Location: Paterson Arran, The Royal Burgh Bakery, Nettlehill Road, Houston Industrial Estate, Livingston, EH54 5DN
Week 1 – Nights - 9pm to 6am Sunday, then 10pm to 6am Monday to Thursday.
Week 2 – Backshift/Evenings - 2pm to 10pm Monday to Friday
Week 3 – Days - 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday
Your man duties as a Warehouse Operative will be:
- Input completed PRS to SAP computer system
- Store finished goods in line with company requirements
- Maintain / Supply correct level of packaging materials
- The service team will assist with setting up lines to get them ready to run production
- Ensure areas are continually clean and tidy and fit for for others to use
- Finished product: placing of the finished product in designated areas in line with company and Q.C guidelines. Ensuring each pallet build is to specification, with required information and accurately recorded.
- General Storage: Storage of finished product and issued materials in appropriate locations within production storage areas, clearly identified with accurate information, issued materials are used in correct rotational field
- Generation of P.R.S ticket (correct use of KANBAN system in accordance with company guidelines, input of P.R.S to computer must be done immediately, product sheets marked)
- Liaising with Stock Controller, Stores Supervisor and others as required to assist in maintaining reliable and accurate stock control
Benefits: 25 Holidays Per Year and closed on Bank Holidays including Christmas & New Year. Access to Employee Benefit Scheme for Retailer Discounts and Cashback, Health & Wellbeing.
- Ability to learn new skills
- Applicants need to be numerate, literate, flexible, self-motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
- Basic awareness of health & safety and food safety / hygiene requirements (training and certifications will be provided as part of the role)
APPLY NOW and let us contact you to discuss your future with the Burtons family.
Application process: Online application with CV