Burton's Biscuits are the home of some of the UK’s most iconic biscuit brands, including Maryland Cookies, Jammie Dodgers, Wagon Wheels, Thomas Fudges & Paterson Arran Shortbread. Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture sweet & savoury snacks under brands from Mars Confectionery, Cathedral City & Marmite, we are also a key player in manufacturing Retailer Own Brand biscuits.
In our Llantarnam Bakery, home of the infamous Wagon Wheel, you’ll find our Smart Cookies hard at work and due to our exceptional company growth we are expanding, and want YOU to be a part of the team.
Would you be able to control the efficient running of allocated production lines and be able to ensure that the customer’s orders are produced safely, to the correct specification, in a timely and effective manner and in line with budget?
As a Shift Operations Manager you would be responsible for the Shift/Line Lean Manufacturing strategy including owning the implementation roadmap, and delivering team actions on time and operate as part of the Factory and Area Management team to achieve KPI targets for area of responsibility.
You will need previous experience in a management or supervisory role and FMCG experience (ideally in Food Manufacturing) and proven experience in driving through continuous improvement activities.
Location: Llantarnam Bakery, Cwmbran NP44 3YL
Benefits: Define Contribution Pension Scheme. Progression. 25 Holidays Per Year and closed on Bank Holidays including Christmas & New Year. Employee Benefit Scheme for Retailer Discounts and Cashback, Health & Wellbeing.
Hours: Full Time
Shift Patterns: Rotating pattern – Days 6am-2pm/Nights 10pm-6am/Afternoons 2pm-10pm Mon – Fri &
3 Day Pattern 3x 12h Days 3x Rest, 3x 12h Nights, 2x Rest, 3x 12h Days, 3x Rest, 3x 12h Nights, 8x Rest (6am-6pm/6pm-6am) excluding Sat Night and Sun Day
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coaching of the team for implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques including Kaizen, 5S, Quick C/O and Autonomous Maintenance.
- Identify, lead and drive agreed change programmes as determined through performance data reviews
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to others in working to those values and take the necessary formal action when individuals fail to comply.
- Cost variance, efficiency, waste, TOS, CPM, safety rating, hygiene rating, PQE.
- Experience using computers and associated software including Microsoft word, excel
- Good standard of education (numeracy and literacy) either GCSE English & Maths (Grade A-C)/equivalent qualifications/equivalent experience
- Lean based qualification desirable or be prepared to undertake training
- ILM Level 4 or be prepared to undertake training
Final Part of the Mix: Applicants must be over the 18 years of age.
If you're ready to start your Smart Cookie career complete our short online Application form and add your CV
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 377,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital. As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.