Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shift Patterns Available: 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Rate: £9.83 or £10.00
Benefits: 4 weeks holiday (pro rata) with service related increase, 8 days Bank Holiday or Bank Holidays that fall during your employment, Legal & General Pension 3% company contribution 5% colleague 8% total after 3 months, Training opportunities, Variable hours of work, Free parking, Personal Protective Equipment and uniform provided, Access to company Awards and Benefits portal offering amazing discounts, Discounted Thomas Fudge products, Bonus Scheme - 1%, Annual pay review, Free tea coffee and squash, Tasty Biscuit Trials and New Lines, Recognition and Treat Awards
Subsidised mini bus service from Dorchester
Location: Pinesway Business Park, Stalbridge. (You will need access to your own transport in order to get to the bakery, limited access to public transport to bakery location)
To work safely, efficiently and effectively as part of a crew, ensuring that all lines and equipment is cleaned to the highest possible standards allowing smooth flow of the production.
To work effectively and ensure that Food Safety, Integrity, Quality and Legality are maintained within the business.
- To ensure that the factory and all equipment is cleaned to the highest possible standards.
- Maintain company hygiene and statutory hygiene standards throughout designated area, working within the principles of basic food hygiene and good house keeping
- To maintain and clean all aspects of factory machinery correctly and safely
- Ensure that the site is audit ready at the end of the hygiene window.
- Ensure that the health and safety of machinery and people are always met
The duties described here may be adapted to meet the needs of a changing organisation and therefore is expected to evolve in line with the organisation.
- Ability to multi task and understand departmental priorities
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Experience of working in a food environment desirable
- Understand responsibilities to work safely and considers the safety of others
- Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing Certificate desirable
- Business Focus
- Making Things Happen
- Executes Successfully
- Personal effectiveness
- Part Of A Great Team
Who are Burtons Biscuits?
You’ll be joining a great team at the Thomas Fudges bakery, steeped in heritage and with a reputation for baking some of the best tasting sweet and savoury biscuits in the current UK market.
Due to expansion and growth, we are looking for a number of hardworking individuals to join the current bakery team as a Packer / Bakery Operative. You’ll support a number of key areas within the bakery, but you’ll be ensuring that our finished products and safely packed, recording and reading to be dispatched to our customers.
This is a great role to learn the skills and develop the knowledge of a commercial bakery, with a real chance of gaining permanent employment and building a skilled career with us.
More about us:
In 2018, Thomas Fudges joined the Burtons Biscuits family, one the largest Biscuit Manufactures in the UK and the home of the Jammie Dodger, Maryland Cookie and Wagon Wheels to name a few. During this time the Burtons Biscuits family has gone from strength to strength.
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic and being able to ‘Be Yourself’. Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital. As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
We now have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,000 people around across our locations.