150g Maryland cookies
50g butter, plus extra for greasing
400g full-fat cream cheese
100g caster sugar
300ml double cream
1tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place cookies into a clean plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies into a crumb.
2. Pour the crumbs into a mixing bowl, and add in the melted butter and mix well.
3. Spoon the biscuit mixture into a pre-greased 20cm spring-form tin and use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly.
4. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
5. In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk or a wooden spoon, beat together the cream cheese, caster sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until well mixed.
6. Whip the double cream into peaks and carefully fold into the cream cheese mixture and combine until smooth.
7. Spoon the final mixture over the chilled biscuit base, making sure there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cheesecake with a palette knife or metal spoon.
8. Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 1 hour until set.
9. To serve, gently remove from the cake tin and cut into slices.