1) When and why did you join Burton’s Biscuit Company?
I joined in Spring 2003 at Moreton on the Wirral as I was looking for a role in food in the North West.
2) What is the atmosphere like working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Burton’s feels like a cross between a big company and a family owned one. We have, at times, the support of a big company mixed with the need to sometimes work in areas outside your expertise or comfort zone to ensure the small company actually gets things done. This gives you the sense of being part of your own business – and it also takes some getting used to. This also means some things can take a long time to happen – or happen within minutes!
3) What do you love about working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
For me being 20 minutes from home and ensuring some work- life balance is vital. I enjoy the role I have because it is like running a small factory for myself – and chocolate is great fun to be part of!
4) What does it take to succeed at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Common sense coupled with some good broad experience helps – the key is recognising where you can add value to this business and ensuring that gives you some fulfilment.
5) What makes Burton’s Biscuit Company a distinctive place to work?
For me this is simple – there are not many places where you can you make so much chocolate! I am doing a job in the food industry where I have worked all my life and I enjoy it!
6) What does ‘Making Every Day More of a Treat’ mean to you?
Making chocolate – everyone needs a treat and I love being part of making that happen.
7) What’s your favourite biscuit?
Any Dark chocolate covered treat – or Maryland Cookies – they’re delicious dunked in tea!