Group Purchasing Manager
1) When and why did you join Burton’s Biscuit Company?
I joined in October 1990 and started my career in chocolate recipe development when the company was Premier Brands. Over the years I have gained experience in R&D, Quality, Technical, Sales, Operations, General Management and am currently enjoying the challenge of buying commodities for the company!
2) What is the atmosphere like working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Fast paced, almost frenetic at times…but friendly!
3) What do you love about working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Its people and its brands. The constant daily challenges are also a great stimulus and working within a fantastic team means that you can bounce ideas off others and explore new ways of working to help improve your own performance and develop your skills. It’s a company that can provide you with great opportunities – it has for me in any case. You will never get time to be bored at Burton’s!
4) What does it take to succeed at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Having worked here for 22 years I have to say adaptability and lots of hard work!
5) What makes Burton’s Biscuit Company a distinctive place to work?
We are a small company compared to others so your individual contribution can make a real difference.
6) What does ‘Making Every Day More of a Treat’ mean to you?
That we should spoil ourselves more often than we do. We work very hard and should therefore ensure we reward ourselves too.
7) What’s your favourite biscuit?
Without a doubt – the best biscuit in the world is Cadbury’s Crunchie biscuit – truly a biscuit to die for!