Manufacturing Delivery Manager
1) When and why did you join Burton’s Biscuit Company?
I joined in January 1989. I had come to the end of employment in the Middle East, so I applied for and got the job as Depot Manager at our then Livingston Depot.
2) What is the atmosphere like working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
From a ‘long server’s’ perspective the atmosphere has changed and evolved over time. The current leadership team has created a very collaborative atmosphere that is competitive, yet inclusive.
3) What do you love about working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Being able and expected to manage my own areas of responsibility.
4) What does it take to succeed at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Ability and confidence.
5) What makes Burton’s Biscuit Company a distinctive place to work?
Tradition and change.
6) What does ‘Making Every Day More of a Treat’ mean to you?
Our new brand and logo.
7) What’s your favourite biscuit?
Being a Scotsman it has to be Royal Edinburgh Shortbread.