1) When and why did you join Burton’s Biscuit Company?
I joined Burton’s Biscuit Company in April 2009 as a temporary HR Assistant. I was thrilled when the company offered me a permanent position.
2) What is the atmosphere like working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
It is like a rollercoaster ride. Some days are high in the factory and other days are low. However overall the lows are outweighed by the highs.
3) What do you love about working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
No day is the same. You arrive in the morning into the office and you do not know what is in store for you. It is a constant challenge which I find is also a wonderful learning opportunity.
4) What does it take to succeed at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
An understanding of the key issues within your own function and how they fit into the overall business needs and to always strive to deliver those with drive, passion and enthusiasm.
5) What makes Burton’s Biscuit Company a distinctive place to work?
The people and personalities, the appealing smell of baking and the commitment and contribution from the team to fulfil the customer’s needs. There remains a family type atmosphere within a close knit community.
6) What does ‘Making Every Day More of a Treat’ mean to you?
Getting your teeth into something new every day, along with the feeling of achievement when we succeed as a team is really rewarding.
7) What’s your favourite biscuit?
Cadbury Fabulous Fingers are definitely at the top of my list. I’m lucky that we do not produce them on site!