Head of Safety, Health and Environment
1) When and why did you join Burton’s Biscuit Company?
I joined the Burton’s Biscuit Company in April 2011 and the reason I joined was the challenge the business offered in terms of improving performance in a fast moving environment.
2) What is the atmosphere like working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
The atmosphere in Burton’s is challenging but supportive. This could mean the organisation is a dull place to work but people know when to balance work and play and this makes it quite a fun atmosphere to be in too.
3) What do you love about working at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
I like the fact that people want to make things happen. We don’t talk about it for ages – we go and do.
4) What does it take to succeed at Burton’s Biscuit Company?
Not being afraid of hard work and being willing to think about things from a different perspective.
5) What makes Burton’s Biscuit Company a distinctive place to work?
We operate within a fast moving and agile sector so I would say the speed of change is what makes Burton’s Biscuit Company a distinctive place to work.
6) What’s your favourite biscuit?