Chief Financial Officer
1) When and why did you join Burton’s Biscuit Company?
I joined at the beginning of 2008. I left a large conglomerate and wanted to join a business that had the ‘big’ company scale, but ‘small’ company pace and intimacy with no politics.
2) How is Burton’s Biscuit Company different to the others in the market?
There are great people here that have a shared passion for the business to do well, rather than individuals just focussing on how their own efforts are perceived.
3) What is a particular career highlight of yours?
Receiving the CBI / ICAEW sponsored award of Private Company FD of the Year award last year ranks pretty high, although much of the credit for this is due to the calibre and successes of the finance team.
4) What is your favourite biscuit moment?
I love biscuits and look forward to the 10am cup of coffee and biscuit. I was heavily into Crunchie biscuits, but have now moved to Caramel Wagon Wheels.
5) What does the Burton’s Biscuit Company vision ‘Making every day more of a treat’ mean to you?
I think it’s about Burton’s and its Biscuits providing a mini reward whether at work or at home.